- Location : Haa Alif Atoll , No of Rooms : 43
Nature and luxury blend harmoniously together at The Island Hideaway. Our entire Island and lagoon is the exclusive and private domain of our guests. Our guest villa complexes are some of the largest of any resort in the Maldives. These majestic chalets are tucked into the lush greenery and scattered along the beach-line some 30 metres apart from one another, providing the ultimate in privacy. All of the Island’s villas boast breathtaking panoramic views over the beautiful turquoise lagoon and Indian Ocean. The designs of our furniture, fixtures and fittings are a rustic celebration of nature, and we have used custom-made hand-finished natural materials throughout. At the same time, however, guests can indulge all their senses in the magic of this Maldivian Island and enjoy every exclusive luxury which sophisticated globetrotters have come to expect.
Despite the extensive facilities and services at The Island Hideaway, we have utilised barely 5% of the Island and lagoon, thereby leaving 95% in its original state, untouched by the hand of man.
Distance from airport : 300km
How to Reach : Domestic flight (45mins)
We are delighted to introduce the FIRST Marina in the Maldives. A fully-equipped, state-of-the-art Marina, built by Walcon Marine - a well-known Marina Builder.
If the settings above sea level has all the ingredients of a "holiday heaven", the experience awaiting you below the water's surface is even more spectacular.
Tender Hearts - Kids Club
Our “Tender Hearts” at Dhonakulhi is open to all kids. The 75.7 m² Kid’s Club has a playground area of 50.5 m² and offers a variety of games and activities for kids. Apart from the activities we also have a small library, board games and bicycles to ride. Some of the activities provide are:
Leisure, recreation & entertainment
The Island Hideaway offers a whole host of entertainment and leisure activities for those that want to do a little more than nothing! The following is a snapshot summary of some of the recreational activities we offer:
* The Hideaway Library
* Hideaway Water Sports
* Sunset, Sunrise, Night and Big-game fishing
* Cultural Excursions
* Mandara Spa Shop
* Meridis Dive Boutique
* Desert Island Retreats
* Aerial Photo Flights
Designed as an intimate, luxurious resort, with exceptional levels of attention to detail, the resort is a rustic celebration of nature, with custom-made, hand-finished natural materials used throughout. A stay in these havens of peace and serenity will leave you fresh, revitalized and rejuvenated! A fine balance between Luxury, Privacy and Nature – very unique in the Maldives!
In the world of high class resorts, our Resort’s two Hideaway Palaces remain un-paralleled and represent the epitome of exclusivity, privacy and refinement. Each Hideaway Palace is sprawled over an expansive 1,420 square metres of land, located on a golden natural sandbank and erected one facing sunrise, and the other facing sunset. The Hideaway Palace comprises of five exclusive individual Villas which sit on top of a beautiful timber deck and are surrounded by a number of private Infinity Swimming Pools, giving an impression that they are floating on water.
Hideaway Water Suite
Our guest accommodation Hideaway Water Suites are a first of their kind in the Maldives, if not the world, and are truly in a class of their own. Erected on wooden stilts in Dhonakulhi Island’s shallow turquoise-blue lagoon and spread over 235 square metres of timber deck, our two stand-alone Hideaway Water Suites have their own exclusive ocean-view treatment room, sauna, steam room, outdoor round bathtub overlooking the tranquil lagoon, sundeck, lagoon access, and complete in-villa spa treatment facilities in which guests can look forward to being pampered by a team of dedicated spa specialists from Mandara Spa. A stay in these havens of peace and serenity will leave our guests fresh, revitalised and rejuvenated. A honeymooner's delight!
Jasmine Garden Villa
The exotic Jasmine Garden Villas are a spectacular expanse of 705 square metres of land that you can call entirely your own. Each of the 5 Jasmine Garden Villas sits on the beach front and has its own exclusive 9.5 metre by 4 metre private Infinity Swimming Pool and garden area. Entrance to the Jasmine Garden Villas is through a Maldivian-style courtyard garden, leading to a spacious lounge overlooking the swimming pool. The Bedroom has a walk-in closet area and en-suite Bathroom with indoor and outdoor bathing facilities and a ‘two-person’ hand-crafted bath. There is also a separate guest toilet and shower room across the Lounge. Guests may intimately dine in their Open-air Alfresco ‘Floating’ Dining Pavilion situated on a ‘mini-island’ that floats on top of the pool or, alternatively, on the romantic Roof Terrace. The Maldivian Swing (Undholi) Pavilion completes the perfect setting for your hideaway from the world.